Saturday, August 17, 2013

First Book Day for MsLeighM Books

Currently reading: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry into Values, by Pirsig, Robert M., on page 190.
 
Also reading: The Mary Frances Garden Book: Adventures Among the Garden People by Fryer, Jane E.; The Time Traveler's Guide to Elizabethan England by Mortimer, IanMysteries Of The Tower Of London by Abbott, GeoffreyMayflower: A Story of Courage, Community, and War by Philbrick, NathanielThe Secret History of the Mongol Queens: How the Daughters of Genghis Khan Rescued His Empire by Weatherford, JackThe Tales of Beedle the Bard by Rowling, J.K.Living Vegan For Dummies by Jamieson, AlexandraStories by Boyle, T.C.The Wisdom of the Lotus Sutra: A Discussion, Volume 1 by Ikeda, DaisakuVarney the Vampire by Rymer, James Malcolm; and The McGraw-Hill Handbook of English Grammar and Usage by Lester, Mark.

Quite the eclectic mix. 
  
I'm here because I've discovered that book publishers are more willing to consider giving advance reading copies (ARC's) of books to librarians, booksellers and bloggers. And since I'm not ready to be a bookseller yet, the best I can do is publish my book reviews and write about what I'm reading, which right now, is too much and I'm trying to whittle it down. With this particular list it's a challenge, because non-fiction takes longer for me to get through, and I like to take a short story a day by any particular writer - so I can savoir it like a glass of fine wine. Then there's Varney, edited by a Professor of English Curt Herr, who I met at the 2012 Steampunk World's Fair. I'm almost done with his introduction - which is his PhD dissertation from Fordham University - and I want to comment on that separately before I begin Varney itself.

Tired now. Look for the next installment when I think of something intelligent to say, or I've completed Zen/Motorcycle Maint and I have a review to post...
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment