Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Still learning – might switch to another blog site (any recommendations?)


This is my third try at this installment, which I originally intended calling “Bits & Pieces” as I hoped to get through several titles in one sitting. Not today.

What I’ve learned is that the Blogger’s “Save” function doesn’t mean that the information entered is saved once you leave the program. So, I’m writing this in Word and when I’m done, I’ll transfer it over to the blog and add the links and reformat the font, spacing, etc. Seems like unnecessary extra work to me, but perhaps that’s the way they all work, and I should keep a Word Folder for all my Blog posts? You know what? I’m going to do that now. BRB…  Well, this one is saved for real at least.  

 
I’m going to start with a shout out to an author who sent me a GoodReads message after I added his book to my “to-read” shelf. Honestly, I probably entered a contest to get an Advance Reader’s Copy (ARC) or some kind of free copy. This man did it right.
 

message 1: by Landon (new)  


Thanks Leigh for adding my book to-read. I like to take time out of my day and reach out to some of my suspense readers. Every time someone reads First Night of Summer, it helps to raise awareness for the safety and welfare of children. Be sure to write a review and let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy it and become a fan! For a limited time, the ebook price is only $2.99 cents for kindle, nook and ibooks.
It is #1 NYT Bestselling Thriller Author, Sandra Brown's debut author pick for 2013.
Click the link below to watch the book trailer...and feel free to share it with others.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_FI2E...


And my response back, I guess I have no shame….

Hi Landon, thank you so much for reaching out to a reader! It is very humble and inspiring that you would do so. I have not (yet) developed a taste for ebooks, I like the feel of the paper in my hands. At some point I am sure I will have to adapt, however, I'm not ready yet!

Yours is the first book trailer I've watched, it touched me. If you do any give aways or have any ARC's left, please consider me? I have a book blog (recently started) and will review it on GoodReads as well.

Thanks again for the message.
Leigh


That kind of made my day. Now I really want this book.

 

Now on to a book review.

 
No Picnic An Insider's Guide to Tickborne Illnesses
by PJ Langhoff


rating
5 of 5 stars
bookshelves
 
status
Read in August, 2013
format
ebook (edit)
review
I recommend this book to every single person who asks me a single question about Lyme disease. This is an all-in-one handbook of pretty much everything a person needs to know about TBD (tick bourne disease).

If you or a loved one has a single question, PLEASE READ THIS BOOK. It is available for free on the internet, I just wish I could remember the webpage I downloaded it from.

To your best health.

To order (nominal fee) or (FREE) download:
http://www.allegorypress.com/books.html

Because of my book addiction, I ordered the paper copy for my collection. It was $7.20 & shipping through Amazon. I’m not a big fan of ordering through Amazon, but as I’m learning how the system works, I’m dealing with it. It should arrive any day now. Since I've already read it, it will go on the already read shelf, but that way I can hand it to friends instead of sending them the PDF. I find it so much easier to read paper. Though this was my first ebook read, ever. But it's only 70-odd pages.

 
All right, that wore me out. Now to transfer to Blogger and upload. Again, any suggestions for a better blog site are encourage. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment